What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What am I doing wrong?

My D. aliciae (spelled right?) Is barely growing and isnt producing any dew. The humidity is at 80 and it gets pretty decent light. The temp is around 70 F. Whats wrong with my plant? Its sitting in a dish with distilled water in a 1 gallon terrarium in a pot just like schloaty sent me. Not removed in otherwords. And my pygmie is in the same boat! :0o: but my VFT and Ping are doing ok. They are all in the same terrarium but in seperate pots.

Give them time to adjust. If you've had them for a while and they still aren't producing dew, it's your lighting 99% of the time.

I had to wait months for some things to aclimate;
like my stupid adelea there still not dewy,my neps are growing much faster !
They still have no dew but yours should be fine just wait for new leafs :D

I had to wait months for some things to aclimate;
like my stupid adelea there still not dewy,my neps are growing much faster !
They still have no dew but yours should be fine just wait for new leafs :D

Give them time to adjust. If you've had them for a while and they still aren't producing dew, it's your lighting 99% of the time.

So basically its in shock? Ok, i was worried for a sec. Really dont want to lose my plant. I got it....1 week ago i think...

Give it more time and water from above.

Awhile back there was a topic, a poll, if you will, as to how hobbyists water. As usual, there were diiferent approaches, with logical and valid explanations, with successful results. All that aside, there are some cp's that it is just best not to water from above (even though innature, they all get rained upon). And there are some that it definitely is best to water from above. In a topic specifically regarding D. aliciae and why emergent leaves come in black, as opposed to green, it was brought out that this species needs to have its media flushed (watered from above) to remove whatever is accumulating and causing that blackness (salts?).

Awhile back there was a topic, a poll, if you will, as to how hobbyists water. As usual, there were diiferent approaches, with logical and valid explanations, with successful results. All that aside, there are some cp's that it is just best not to water from above (even though innature, they all get rained upon). And there are some that it definitely is best to water from above. In a topic specifically regarding D. aliciae and why emergent leaves come in black, as opposed to green, it was brought out that this species needs to have its media flushed (watered from above) to remove whatever is accumulating and causing that blackness (salts?).

Well in my plant specifically its not black just wilted...with lil dew ....

Back