What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it?

i planted the fork d. in some spagnum with no light and i have a really tall green sprout and a teeny tiny fork and im not sure if its moss or the dro. Which is it? its REALLY REALLY skinny

Maybe a forked drosera(Binata)
Id put it in some light(growlight,windowsill),you should wait and if you see some very small tenticals you have a form of binata
Google binata for photos take a look at unopened leafs if they look sorta the same youve got a dew.

Assuming you're talking about Drosera binata they have long thin stalks to begin with. Even more so when etoliated from lack of light.

True leaves will develop tentacles on the fork.

Assuming you're talking about Drosera binata they have long thin stalks to begin with. Even more so when etoliated from lack of light.

True leaves will develop tentacles on the fork.

well I checked it again today after school and it has a split kind of like a Y ...actually it looks just like that..

Sounds like D. binata of some sort to me :bigthumpup:

Well mine get baked under 5,000 lumens of warm light in a 10 gallon tank they are still longer than they would be in full sun.

well thats what i planted just wondering if it was that or the moss i planted it in :) YES!

:pics:

I think photos are out of the question cause i have no camera and my sis is selfish. :nono:

Does it look like these?

D_binata.jpg

dscn0186.jpg

not quite... just sprouted from a seed but its a couple inches long and two short leaves that look just like a Y but at the "horns" they are shorter

Just sprouted binata has a leaf shape that I describe as a half moon or a semi-circle.

Good for you! This happened to me in the first CP pots i ever got. Binata, i was thrilled. Love this plant... be on the lookout for terrestrial liverworts to, other common hitchhikers.

I thought I read they dont produce viable seeds in cultivation often but apparently thats not the case.

Back