What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capensis stinging?

one adult, 2 runners. 1 of the runners is in the second photo
but for some odd reason, the dew stings.
and i know its not just me, tested it on friends and family
skin gets red and irritated afterwards too. its pretty odd.
but while were at it, what form of capensis is it?
Capensis001.jpg

Capensis002.jpg

I don't know why it is sting but I do know it's the broad leaf form.
Good Luck,
Adrian

not broad leaf. just the typical narrow leaf. as far as stinging? no idea. i dont think its the dew because the dew isnt chemicaly active. its like our snot :) i have licked the dew before and my tounge hasnt broken out or anything.

Alex

why would you lick a dew from a carnivorous plant... that's just like drinking the juices from a sarracenia or nepenthes.... gross... try putting your tongue in a venus flytrap to taste the digestive enzyme >_>

why would you lick a dew from a carnivorous plant... that's just like drinking the juices from a sarracenia or nepenthes.... gross... try putting your tongue in a venus flytrap to taste the digestive enzyme >_>

Stranger things have happened.

Nepenthes nectar

Tasting cp nectar

Just to name a few.

xvart.

actually. ive done all of those :) the VFT tasted a bit sweet. nep juice(unopened pitcher) was weird... its like thick water after you mix grass flavor into it. it tingled my tounge! sundew dew. sarracenia nectar(very sweet!) nepenthes nectar(even sweeter!!)and thats it. i havent tried ping stuff.... none of mine are big enough yet :)

Alex

O__O i dont think i'll ever try any of the above.
but if you really want to tingle your tongue, i dare you to taste SirKristoff's capensis

i havent tried ping stuff.... none of mine are big enough yet
Alex, would you like me to send you a nice, juicy P. primuliflora leaf to lick...ROFL!!!

Kris, it looks to me like you may have some more seedlings in that pot...

thbjr

Thats odd,I have tried nepenthes necter it makes me feel weird so I sorta stay away from trying it.

ive got alot more seedlings than that....
and then another 200+ seeds germinating but from DM and not this plant
idk, its just a scary plant xD
ive had it forever but never paid much mind to the stinging until lately

Yer all doomed like the Lotus-eaters in Homer's "Odyssey":

"They started at once, and went about among the Lotus-eaters, who did them no hurt, but gave them to eat of the lotus,
which was so delicious that those who ate of it left off caring about home, and did not even want to go back and say what
had happened to them, but were for staying and munching lotus with the Lotus-eaters without thinking further of their return"

is this the only plant that stings .....or do the seedlings that were in that pic sting also....lol im sure those seedlings are no longer seedlings though lol

yeah those seedlings were all given away pretty much. this thread is so freaking old. i really should go outside tomorrow and check if its still stinging.

Back