What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some D. capensis seedlings

these were seed that DM sent out to people for SASE a couple weeks ago
here they are now.
a few of them anyways
more are in there and germinated. just thought id like to show some pics of why the world shall be destroyed ._.
VFTflowerandSanguineaPitcher005.jpg

btw for future references, yes there is Vermiculite in there.
i found that vermiculite holds no negative effect to D. capensis.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only problem with wet Vermiculite is that it breaks down after awhile into a mushy substance.

You'll be sorry.... lol.

xvart.

so, how long did it take?

When ever I get drosera seed form the icps capensis red germinated fisrt :D like in 1 week the others like 2 motnhs

heres a bit of an update...some more of them, taken on a different side of the container
i think they are cute xD
CapensisSeedlings001.jpg

squish em :D wow i wonder how it'll look when they all grow up.... @_@

Seriously, I would take sections of the surface and place them in several pots. This way you won't end up with a tangled mess of plants, starving each other out.

I take babies put them into my pots of neps then after they are big put them into the cruel worlds :D They grow up fast in warmer bright conditions like my propogater tank then I jsut take them out....

lol so mean to the poor capensis. Such a nice plant and a lot of people call it an infestation :)

I'll take all unwanted capensis lol. Call me the capensis adopter

D. capesnsis is like a dandelion - attractive plant that is way too successful for its own good! Whne ya think sundew, and have a mental image, capensis is what comes to mind. It really is a much better plant to give a kid that a VFT, that would likely die within a season.

heres another update.
cant see them that well but most of them have their first carnivorous leaves
Capensisseedlings004.jpg

Back