What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

flower of D. scorpioides

Hi all, here my D. scorpioides

D. scorpioides

The photo was taken last spring.

Best regards
Muscipula59

Nice capturing? A late morning pic?

Nice plant. Did it give ya many seeds?

Hi creepa200,
unfortunately not, but many gems!!!!

Best regards

Very pretty !! I have a ton of scorpoides some adults and babies like 40 total I hope I get flowers sooner than later...

Awesome picture! Pygmy flowers are one of my favorite type of flowers. I got a Scorpioides and for some reason it is doing horrible. It's 2 inches tall and the stem is really thick, but all it's leaves are dead and It's not growing any new one. But on one of them there is a bit of green on the top so I'm hoping they'll come back.

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be going dormant,if it gets really hairy around the growing point then it should be going dormant when there domrant just wait and wait and wait keeping the media wet and keeping the pot cool

Well, there sure is hair around the growing point. I'll keep it very moist and hope it comes back! Thanks for the advice.

If it's dormant you want to back off on the watering. Pygmy Drosera usually go dormant to survive the hot dry summers. It should die down to a stipule bud - the whitish/hairy part of the leaves with a green point left in the middle.

I have had mine go dormant many times I did not lay off the water but it may just have been luck

Back