What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First cuttings ... woohoo

thbjr

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap
Well, I took some binata and filiformis cuttings on Dec 30th. You have to look hard at the pics of the filiformis, but they're there. I have 9 plantlets (or is the term 'strikes') of each.
I'm so happy, I could just :censor: !!!

D_+binata_001.JPG

D_+filiformis.JPG

Nice :D My 10 gallon tank was getting full of drosera so I took like 30% of there leafs of into water ,it is a great way to make trading material :D

Yeah, I 'floated' these for 22 days, but then they had enough new growth that I potted them up a few days ago. The filiformis are really hard to see in the picture, but they are there.
My 10 yo boy calls the binata the mustache plant...LOL!

good work! Keep it up!
andrew

They're neat plants! My first D. filiformis & binata were a leaf cutting and a young plant from BCK, respectively. That was almost 4 years ago. I have had disasters since then but have been able to maintain the plants via leaf cuttings, though the original plants died out.

Back