What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. burmannii or D. sessilifolia

thbjr

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap
I have a Drosera that I bought as a sessilifolia, but am now concerned that it may actualy
be a burmannii. I let it flower and am collecting seed. If it is sessilifolia, I want to send
the seed to the ICPS seed bank, as they currently have no sessilifolia seed.
Since I have no experiance ID'ing them, I need the experts help. Here are the pictures.

DSCI0310.jpg

DSCI0312.jpg

DSCI0421.jpg

DSCI0418.jpg

DSCI0419.jpg

Sorry the pictures are super size, but I want as much detail as I can get for ID'ing it.
I got it about 7-8 weeks ago.
It has grown about 8-12 new leafs and has been in my terrarium under 2, 110 watt equivalant
CFL's since I got it and has really gotten a nice red coloring lately.
Thanks, Tom

That is definatley sessilifolia.
Burmanii has only white tentacles.

D.burmanni: leaves yellow-green, more triangular, flowers white, flower scape often with a curve at the base. D.sessilifolia: leaves orangish-yellow, more rounded, flowers pink, flower scape erect. (as described by bobz on the cp photo finder) ...there are also hybrids of the two.

Andrew

Nice plant and flower. I have a clump of what's suppose to be sessilifolia but it looks like it's just moss. Has no growth like that or even a small one like my burmannii .

How do you tell if its a hybrid ? I have had difficulty telling if what I grow is burmanii or sessilifolia or a hybrid of the two. It is green in shade, and red in sun (only the tentacles), and looks just like the ones in the photos above. the flowers are a hint of purple and white.

i say hybrid. it has leaves like burmanni....and the flower stalk of sessilifolia. my burmanni also had red glands.

Alex

heres a pic:
Leaf.jpg

Thanks ALL, for your input. Since I can't be sure they are sessilifolia, I'm giving/trading them here.
Tom

Back