What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

separating the group

hey :)

i got a sundew in a small pot with 5 growing centers, i add a pic (not that sharp, but what can you expect from a phone-cam?..).

now, it's been a bit ill when the winter atarted and i just managed to make it feel a bit better lately, so should i wait or will the separation make it grow and heal better? how to care for it after the separation? in short- any advice will be accepted gladly. :)

thanks!!

prednv3.th.jpg

I would prepare as many new pots as you perceive plants, with a depression in the middle. Then I would set up a container of water and place the plants in that container. Then I would gently separate them in the water and place each plant in their respective new pot. Then I would top water each pot so that the soil media fills in the gaps. I have also done things like cover the pots and keep out of direct light for a couple days, so as to minimize shock. I did that with new plants received in the mail.

awsome, i can always rely on you, thank you so much! :hail:

Shalom!

Back