What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sundew Eating – Caution huge gif 3 megs!!

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
This is a sequence of shots I put together over 45 minutes. The pictures were taken about every one and a half minutes.
I tried making a movie out of it, but the quality was too low for my liking. It looks better as this gif, but ended up being huge.
Well I hope you liked it and did not mind having to wait to see it.

Not sure how this will work, looks like it may only run through the sequence once. Maybe a refresh will make it loop again?

CP-eating-025.gif

Coooooooollllllllllllllll

Thats pretty cool and again I love your camera.

You never cease to amaze me. What great camera work

now i you could do that with a ping id be VERY VERY impressed
Very cool mate!

Very cool "photo." I saved it to my computer to make it easier to watch several times. Thanks for investing the time and sharing that with us.

xvart.

Thanks for the comments.
Glad you find it interesting. I sure did.

In Firefox, which I use, you have to go to tools clear the cache and reload the page for it to animate again.
In Internet Exploder you can hit the refresh at the end of the address bar and it will run through the animation again.

Very cool! :)

you should be able to make it repeat automatically..

Adobe Imageready lets you do that..you can choose "repeat once"..
which makes it stop after the animation runs..(which is how yours is set right now)
or repeat a set number of times before it stops..1,2,17, etc..
or set it to "forever"..which will make it repeat..well, forever!

what did you use to make the gif?
If your program doesnt seem to have that option, I could make it repeatable in photoshop for you and send you the new version..

ok..

Very impressive. Good job!

scottychaos,

I used Photoshop CS3 to make it. CS3 does not have Imageready anymore. First time I ever made a gif in PS.
I found where you can set it to continuously loop. Did that and place a title frame to it.

Keeps repeating for me , no prob.
Very cool!
JMatt

very nice! It keeps repeating for me as well.. firefox v 2.0.0.12

I like how the drosera moves the worm (bloodworm?) and centers it first before bringing more tentacles into play and then rolls around it.

Almost as if it had a brain and was thinking..........

Amazing plants.

He must have remade it and reposted it because it has a title frame now and it keeps repeating for me too.

WOW amazing picture, I'm saving this one lol

thats one of the best timelapse I have seen of insects getting owned by cp's
more plants next?
there are other sundews that wrap there leaves around the bugs a regia would be sweet.

Back