What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help!!!

My D. scorpiodes, which i am trying to acclimate to windowsill. I have six plants one of them are turning black. What is it doing? also it doesn't open its leaves. So far it is in a container. i give it 10 hours of sunlight, and i really want it to live. please help me! does the plant need full sun? i want to grow it on my windowsill.

Did you just recently get it? Pygmy Drosera don't ship very well. That's why a lot of people wait and ship gemmae.

xvart.

yeah I got gemmae and I sowed it on my window and they have had no problems.
DSCF2339.jpg

all that junk you see outside is my neighbors crap piled up against he wall on the side of his garage,his garage seperates his house form ours and it makes are house look like crap :cuss:

my guess is move them back to where they were doing fine and try getting some scorpiodes gemmae next season

Now scorpoides are weird I bare rooted them form Hawaii complete no soil I was very careful about damaging the roots though. They all came back though. I careful bare rooting works best for them otherwise well there gone. Now when transplanted they typically go dormant form shock then comeback but it is gradually like they die to hairs then down to nothing then comeback. If your careful and good enough you can make them not go dormant/go into shock when there young then pot then with a huge clump of media around the plants(no root disturbance then wait 2 weeks and if there growing good your set. DM your scorpoides look great :D They grow quick don't they :) I see some of the gemmae just started DM thats just weird I have some that are not sprouting yet and some that is just sprouting after 3 months thats weird the unsprouted guys wonder if there viable and will sprout there side by side with adults in the same pot.

Pygmy Drosera form a few very long roots that will not regrow if you break thm off.

You still have 5 plants. If they survive to produce gemmae this autumn/winter then you might get 10-50 gemmae per plant. So potentially you can have around 250+ plants next year.

If the plants are over 1 year old they might flower this year and produce seeds to so you have potentially more plants from seeds by the end of the year.

My scorpoides are flowering so I can get seed and hope it germinates ?
Should I tease them ? I have like a pot of 30 of them I started there .5
inches tall this winter hopefully gemmae will fall from the sky.

Sounds like a plan!

I'd be curious to know if you have the white or pink flower form.

polywer2345, D. scorpioides like full sun. I grow mine on my porch rail on the south east corner of my house in a shallow water tray. Low humidity doesn't bother them as long as the tray has some water in it. The soil doesn't need to be wet, just moist.

i just put it one my windowsill hope for the best:water:

That's were mine are right now, too. Weather is a bit cold now for growing outdoors. Once the temps start staying above 40°F I'll put them outside.

new update! the "dead one" is growing another stem on the side i think , it looks like it is growing! yaaaahhh

Back