What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im Dead!!!

Oh crap i just used some perlite+peatmoss that had miracle grow addedd into it, what should i do?!?!?!

calm down its probably a minute amount of fertilizer that had been added its probably like 0.01 percent or something,carnivorous plants are tougher than you think and remember they grow in nutrient poor soil not nutrient free so you are like overreacting.

bianchi914- Repot them into acceptable media. And rinse from the top through the pots with pure water a little bit over the next few days (to help clear the roots). They should be fine in the long run though if you get them out of it right away.
Andrew

check homedepot and lowes our hardware store recently got 3 foot cubic bags of peat moss for like 10$ and they should have perlite also labeled as like expanded rock or something.

calm down its probably a minute amount of fertilizer that had been added its probably like 0.01 percent or something,carnivorous plants are tougher than you think and remember they grow in nutrient poor soil not nutrient free so you are like overreacting.

Actually, the concentration in MiracleGro is much higher and very lethal. Nothing will happen in the short term, but do as Andrew suggests.

xvart.

Ok, ok thanks for all the help, about an hour ago i got them out of their crapy media and they are live and kicking in the new 50% perlite 50% peat moss soil WITH NO miracle grow.

-Thanks Flash

Back