What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures - A few of my favorites

D. kenneallyi and D. indica

These two plants reside in my 10 gallon terrarium. It stays pretty warm in there, and they love it.

He's working on the attachment thing... hold on. geeze you two! :p

Personally- I think they're wonderful!! ???
Andrew

edit- yep I was right! those are great! Good growing man!:bigthumpup:

Haha, you guys are quick! The pictures are fixed now.

geeze you two! :p

lol. Yeah, you can tell I have nothing better to do tonight than continuously push the "new posts" link... Actually, I was just excited to see the pictures.

LG - Nice plants. I especially enjoy the D. kenneallyi.

xvart.

Last edited by a moderator:
looking real good!

Nice kenny, LLGG. It's picture perfect! :bigthumpup:

Wow nice plants they look like they are doing well :-D.

Hi LLGG,

What mix do you use for D. kenneallyii? Does it stand in water like other droseras? And what are the conditions like i.e. exact temperature and humidity?

Thanks!

Hi LLGG,

What mix do you use for D. kenneallyii? Does it stand in water like other droseras? And what are the conditions like i.e. exact temperature and humidity?

Thanks!

I got my D. kenneallyi from a nursery that sent it potted up, so I'm not certain of the soil mix. If I had to guess, I'd say that there's some peat and perlite in the mix, but perhaps there's a sand component as well.

I let it stand in water until the water evaporates, and then refill the tray. Temperatures in my terrarium have been between 80-90 degrees in the day and 70-80 at night, with some of the nights getting a bit lower back in winter.

Humidity stays at around 50-60%, and my tank is lighted by two 30-watt daylight compact fluorescent bulbs.

Thanks for the info! :)

Back