What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hybrid or spatulata

I may have accidently crossed a D. Burmanii with my Spatulata. let me know what you think it looks like more. here are some pics of all three:

the possible hybrid:
DSC03808.jpg

spatulata:
DSC03672.jpg

Burmanii:
DSC03664.jpg

Still looks like a straight up spatulata.

I don't mean to come across as rude, but that bottom picture is definitely not a D. burmanii. Perhaps it was mislabeled when you received it, but that's just a normal D. spatulata. And on that note, I must say that all three plants that you posted look like regular spoonleafs.

I don't mean to come across as rude, but that bottom picture is definitely not a D. burmanii. Perhaps it was mislabeled when you received it, but that's just a normal D. spatulata. And on that note, I must say that all three plants that you posted look like regular spoonleafs.

I am pretty sure he is right.

The second one looks differently than the others, its leaves aren't as spoon spatula shaped as the others.

number 2 is 'Fraiser Island Form'

I take no offenece , like i stated i'm still new and am glad to be corrected on my mistakes.ooh yea know that i look at them closely they do look similar. i guess i always thought they were different because one flowers all the time and has white flowers (the frasier island form)and the other has purpleish flowers which only come out sometimes even though they are in the same conditions right next to each other. i wonder what happened to my Burmanii then lol !

Just on a side note: D. burmanii is one of my favorites. It's long retentive glands move very quickly to secure prey (usually within seconds), and it's quite a sight to behold, since it acts more like a Venus Flytrap than a sundew. Also, they grow extremely fast, so they reach maturity mere months after being sown.

D. spatulata does come in two color forms - white and pink. I happen to have both - a Fraysier Island and a Hong Kong. I just don't have pictures!

Back