What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

back in the cube

High humidity is more important.

I beg to differ. I've heard that the most important thing is air circulation, but temp and humidity, I'm not quite sure, I think temp might be more important.
Why is because I've heard that if they have no air circulation, they die. I've read around the forum that people's Nepenthes still pitcher with humidity less than 50%. Examples such as ventricosa and sanguinea (I think sanguinea) are highlanders, but they can pitcher with low humidity. Temperature is important because if they don't get a what is recommended, they can die (talking about other Nepenthes). If they get into Winter weather, good-bye. This is my opinion, though, someone with better experience will hopefully post.

I beg to differ. I've heard that the most important thing is air circulation, but temp and humidity, I'm not quite sure, I think temp might be more important.
Why is because I've heard that if they have no air circulation, they die. I've read around the forum that people's Nepenthes still pitcher with humidity less than 50%. Examples such as ventricosa and sanguinea (I think sanguinea) are highlanders, but they can pitcher with low humidity. Temperature is important because if they don't get a what is recommended, they can die (talking about other Nepenthes). If they get into Winter weather, good-bye. This is my opinion, though, someone with better experience will hopefully post.

I was actually comparing temp, light, and humidity. Air circulation is a must no matter what. I think humidity and light are more important then temp for pitchers and sundews because both can do fine in a slightly wider range of temps. Neps need high humidity, and Adelae tend to do better in high humidity than low humidity, don't they?

At any rate, I edited the post to clarify and added air circulation, which I had completely forgotten to mention the first time - thanks for taking the time. :)

Back