What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Separating seedlings

Nitecrawler

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior
Oops. Check out this D. burmannii crop.

I sowed them wayyyyyy too close together... :-))

P5310280.jpg

that my friend is the coolest thing I've ever seen...

wait wait, I know exactly how to do it.....

VERY CAREFULLY ...

haha wow. what a photo. how many do you think are in there?

Looks like you have a neat little carpet 'o death goin' there Nitecrawler. Don't think you'll be able to separate too many of them though.

Yeah...oh well.

I guess I will just let them duke it out for resources.
They all banded together to take down a small fly, which was amazing...hahahaha

cmm - there are a lot of seedlings in there. Geez...there must be at least 60 in there. Of course, I can't be sure because I was quite generous while sowing them.

60? No way! At least 150!

Wait for them to grow bigger, then, remove the biggest plants and repot them. Wait for the other ones to grow larger, which they will since the bigger hoggart ones are gone, then remove the next lot of biggest ones and repot them. Carry on until you no longer need to remove them anymore.

wow, thats incredible. I feel some trades coming on........:D

I would follow Kath's advice and/or start givng clumps of them away.

How long did they take to germinate? I have some burmannii seed on some pots right now, hope it germinates soon.
Never germinated D. burmannii before, any tips to get this species to germinate?

Keep the seeds warm.

I'm still finding some from seed last summer, sprouting the last couple months.

But.... most of mine sprouted in the first weeks I sowed them.

I basically sowed them and put them under lights. They get room temperatures at all times.

They just went wild.

Back