What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sundews, simple questions

I have 3 sundews, 1 is doing great, the capensis is doing fantasitc. The Agenlca the native isnt doing so well, its not as bushy and the leavs are still dry, more so than the other 2, Why? The Albino has some hairy stem coming out of it. Imagine a new leaf before it opens, take away all the tentacles, and cover it in white hair and thats what it looks like. What is it?
Unfortunately my laptop is broke so no pics:-(

Last edited by a moderator:
the hairy stem sounds to me like a flower stalk.

I agree, it's probably a flower stalk.

Ok, stem is a flower stalk, got that part under controll. Whats wrong with the other one? I really want this so I can put it in my future bog as its native to the UK so It should be ok outside all year round.

So, there are two that are identical? It's not unusual for a capensis to put up more than 1 stalk.

humidity? water level? light? temperature? if they're all right then you shoudnt have a problem. you're probably watering it fine so take that out. i woudnt worry too much about humidity, since its growing in sphagnum right? so probably check the light and temp.

It gets the exact same light as the albino and capensis. The temp is the same aswell.

potting mix? try it in pure sphagnum like i did, even though i have trouble with pest right now, it was growing good before the pest came.

I have them in sphagnum moss. I was going to put them in the standard 50/50 SMP and perlite but I ran out of perlite:blush:

mmmmm that might be why...

Back