What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D.Aliciae browing

DJ.Zany-NL-

Dead to Mosqueeto's ALL OF THEM!
my D.Aliciae is starting to get all brown :S, what can cause this?
the only change's i've made since i've got it was putting it outside in the bright sunlight for the last 5 day's or so :-(

That would do it! Too much too fast. They do fine on window sills, open tray method. an you tell if it's just shocked or dead? You could bring it back inside or leave it out there. either way it's a gamble.

well it's completely red/purple now :S

Red/purple... not brown, as in dead? Well, that's good! Might as well keep it out there then and water from above, through the soil media.

I see nothing wrong, it's just coloring up. If it's still producing leaves and that flower stalk is still in process, it's fine.

mine it's a very deep red so don't worry about it...looks ok to me, it's the sun doing it's job

kewl, but why arent my other D.Aliciae colouring up as well then?

yeah, it's healthy.
i don't know if it was just the time of day that the picture was taken, but if part of the pot is shaded where it appears the green ones are, then that could be what's causing it. When in intense sunlight, many varieties of sundews will develop red coloration in the leaves.

Back