What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pygmy flowers

After an increase in photo period, the pygmies decided to stop making gemmae and start putting up flowers.

D. paleacea ssp. paleacea
DSCN6513.jpg

DSCN6521.jpg

These flowers last from "sunrise" till "sunset".

D. pulchella "Pink flower"

DSCN6634.jpg

Unfortunately, these flowers only last a few hours.

-Ben

Hey Ben - good to see some of your pictures again. That D. pulchella flower is beautiful.

Unfortunately, these flowers only last a few hours.

Yeah, that really is a tradgey. While attending secret meetings across campus on Friday I was able stop in to my apartment while one of my pygmies was in flower. I love how small and petite they are.

Drosera613-3.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Hope to see some more pictures of some of your other plants real soon!

xvart.

edit: I didn't realize how fuzzy it was zoomed in that close. I can't compare to your photography!

lovely pulchella flower you got there!!!!!!!

Ben, those plants are really healthy looking.
Keep up the good growing
Lois

Thanks guys.

xvart, what species is that? Those lil gumdrop stigmas in the flower are pretty neat. The only reason my pics are clear so close up is because they have a pretty good macro function. Heh I guess it takes some practice though...

For some reason, though, my D. scorpioides won't flower, despite the fact that it's mature.

-Ben

just wait, it will! my scorpioides flowered early fall last year.

Back