What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosophyllum Lusitanicum

not my plants, but Rons. took some pics, came out pretty nice. here are a few of his dewy pines
My personal favorite pic i took
TriptoRons15.jpg

One of his larger plants
TriptoRons16.jpg

Flower
TripToRonsmissedPhotos.jpg

I'm going to try and grow one of those when I have my own greenhouse and I'm more experienced.

dont need a GH for them, they like it dry. just cant repot them, they cannot have ANY root disturbance, you move the roots, and they die.

Didnt turn out as well as i had hoped, but it was good attempt
TriptoRons15-1.jpg

dont need a GH for them, they like it dry. just cant repot them, they cannot have ANY root disturbance, you move the roots, and they die.

Well, everyone says Drosophylum is a very difficult plant. To my knowledge, Heliamphora is the most difficult carnivorous plant there is, but Drosophylum is up there.

Well Drosophyllum cant take any root disturbance, thats why. but if you put it into 8" terracotta pot with sand/vermiculite/perlite i believe and slack pot it into a larger 12" or so pot with LFS, it should be fine. just dont unpot the plant or disturb its roots. keep it somewhat dry, it doesnt like being wet, and it hates getting the stem soaked, so be careful

*major drool*

Haha jimscott, he should have some seed ready soon!!! i cant wait to try some dewy pine ^^

Back