What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As i was taking some shots of some of my lasiantha plants i noticed something interesting.
I grow my pygmys in a small greenhouse. Because of its location, the greenhouse gets more light on one of the sides so i ocasionaly rotate the pots to keep the plants growing strait up and not lean on the side. Those of you that grow scorpioides, lasiantha or dichrosepala i'm sure you noticed many roots sent from the upper part of the plant or from above the soil level. I thought they are used by the plant just as any other roots....i'm so blind! They are more than that! As the plant leans one side, a root is going to be formed and used primarly to support the plant weight and keep it of the soil surface.

lasiantha

lasiantha6.jpg

lasiantha7.jpg

lasiantha9.jpg

scorpioides
scorpioides8.jpg

I'm not feeding my vft so it turned to cannibalism!.......or maybe it's a new cultivar....i will sell it for 100$:-)) :-)) :-))

vft7.jpg

see you!

Wow, great dew pics, and cool observation. :) Thanks for sharing.

So your VFT actually produced a trap inside of another trap, on the same leaf? Awesome!

no, an older trap is eating a newer one....reminds me of the monster from Alien....when it used to open its mouth an other small head poped up

Gotta love pygmies. Nice VFT too!

Nice pygmies. That VFT has a very nice color.

Greast looking lasanthiana!

Back