What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everybody!!!:-D

I would like to share some fresh pygmy sundew pics with you. I hope you enjoy them!

Drosera sewelliae
Dsewelliae.jpg

Drosera scorpioides
Dscorpioides.jpg

Drosera palacea ssp. palacea with dead flower stalks (quite big)
Dpalaceassppalacea2.jpg

Dpalaceassppalacea.jpg

This is drosera nitidula ssp. nitidula picture taken one day after repotting. It is i a little bit of a shock but started drooling so I think she will make it:)
Dnitidulasspnitidula.jpg

Drosera nitidula ssp. allantostigma
Dnitidulasspallantostigma2.jpg

Dnitidulasspallantostigma.jpg

This is a pygmy of the pygmies Drosera microscapa
Dmicroscapa.jpg

My personal champion:) Drosera manii
Dmannii.jpg

Drosera callistos
Dcallistos.jpg

Drosera pulchella
Dpulchella2.jpg

Dpulchella.jpg

Beautiful drosera closteriostigma and its flower:
Dclosterostigma2.jpg

Dclosterostigma.jpg

Dclosterostigmaflower.jpg

...and last but not least my old drooly giant aliciae:
Daliciae-1.jpg

Thanx for your attention:)

Excellent photos and very happy looking plants!

Wow, they all look very nice! How big is that D. aliciae?

Looking real good!

Amazing plants. Where did you get them?

Capensis: that aliciae is 7.2cm (2.83'') across. Right now it flowers (stalk is 30cm ...11.8'' high). She really likes it in a south-oriented terrarium. BTW I always wondered why these little plants must grow such tall flower stalks (especially with pygmies it is so eye-catching). First I thought it is because other bog plants are much taller and it helps drosera to compete better in order to attract pollinators. But recently I read/heard somewhere that it is actually so they dont eat their pollinators. Dont know what to believe now. Maybe both:) Anyways i found it amazing I mean how nature can come with the most brilliant yet the simplest solution to everything:)

2 Mr. Truncata: Thanx.......I got all these 10 pygmies from an acquaintance who owns a huge carni green house. he sells them real cheap and fresh. Actually the pictures posted are of pygmies second day after he sent them to me from Bratislava. They all (10 species...40 plants) cost around $25.00 And they all will produce a new gemmae culture in the winter hopefully!

That's pretty big. I was also surprised at how tall mine was, but I killed it :/.

Back