What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My D. Falconeri Dews

:0o: :0o: :0o: WOWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Now those are Falconeri.
Hail :hail: :hail: the Falconeri gods!! WOW absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
Brokken, thanks tons for sharring, mine are kept in my grow chamber with my lowland neps as well as other dews. Cant wait till i get a few more of these jewels. I love um...
I noticed on one of mine the leafs/pads grow up out a lighter color then a day later turn that INTENSE color while the other has it right from the get..

They seem to like diffuse light, but more importantly: they don't like disturbance. If you change their conditions, the dew will dry up in no time! However they're not nearly as tough as what people make them out to be. This is what they looked like back in March:

falconeri04.jpg

And before that, back in February:

dfalconeri03.jpg

The plant was growing all bunched up before it died back for the winter, so I separated them and replanted in the same pot. I am told - though not experienced myself - that growing them in live sphagnum will cause their crowns to split off constantly. If that's the case, you could soon end up with a small carpet of them.

Those are incredible looking plants! I've got mine in the dried LFS, but with time, that top layer becomes green. something to look forward to...

DANG! Brokken, you falconeri are absolutely amazing!

Back