What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera in winter

I'm going into my first winter with carnivorous plants, and I have access to an indoor grow room. I have a couple different types of drosera, one is a capensis, and I forget what the other is. Both will be put in the grow room since they aren't supposed to go into dormancy. But in Washington there are no bugs during the winter, so i was just wondering what I should do about them getting food?

Don't worry about it. They will be fine without nutritional supplements. Oh, and welcome to Terraforums!

xvart.

No worries, they don't need to be fed to live ;)

Cool, thank you. I must admit i was a little worried lol

James You Fool, You Joined Tf!!! Hahahaha My Babies!!!

I gave him a few baby D. spatulata, a D. Capensis, and a typical VFT from one of my Minibogs, he has a S. Purpurea from a local garden center, if that helps anyone out xD
I told him the capensis and the Spatulata should be fine under the Lights in his parents Veggie growroom or just in his window, while he needs to leave the Sarracenia and the VFT outside for dormancy coming up.

There are plenty of bugs in Washington during the winter. Especially considering that your plants probably won't notice one way or the other once they slow down for the cold. No worries.
Welcome to the forum!
~Joe

Back