What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. paradoxa 'Drysdale'

Cindy

Staff member
I have two plants in the same pot and as they push each other away, they are producing roots down the sides of the pot! ???

paradoxa_drysdale_roots.jpg

paradoxa_drysdale_roots1.jpg

paradoxa_drysdale_roots3.jpg

At least they're symmetrical! :-D

That looks so neat! Like fireworks!

Cindy, they are absolutely beautiful! How are you growing them? I mean the conditions like humidity and soil/air temperature? I have this species as well but they are not doing too well right now...after repotting

Excellent :) They must not like each other :O

"you are in my personal bubble.....please step out of my bubble"

The plants are grown under T5 lights. Not the brightest part but instead, at the end where the light is dimmest. The tallest point of the plants are about 1" away from the tubes however. My lights are at my balcony on an open rack. Temperature ranges from 77F-95F and humidity 50%-80%.

Here is how the plants were like in January.
paradoxa_drysdale.jpg

paradoxa_drysdale1.jpg

Thank you very much for the information they are beautiful cant believe how many leafs one plant can hold:) Good luck growing Cindy!:)

I like January better.

Jimscott, you would like May-June best. It was then that the two plants are spherical and full of leaves. I checked my folders, no photos. So now, I am comtemplating whether I should propagate the plants by splitting them up. :scratch:

Thats hilarious! I have some paradoxas but they just grow into each other. No pushing going on here. Perhaps I wish they'd push a little too!

Wow!, I agree on the fireworks observation.

Jimscott, you would like May-June best. It was then that the two plants are spherical and full of leaves. I checked my folders, no photos. So now, I am comtemplating whether I should propagate the plants by splitting them up. :scratch:

Were they more like this 3 year old, and now defunct colony?

AR000102.jpg

Back