What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Success?!?

Ant

Your one and only pest!
I took three leaf pullings off my drosera adelae a long time ago. I left them in my basement and thought they were doing nothing. So finally I went to throw them away, but I look and found they all had multiple plantlets! :0o: I never saw them because I thought they grew along the main vein. So they are tiny now with 1 mm or so being the max size. How long until there are roots? also how do I move them to soil safely? Can I add some rooting hormone?

no answers?

Any pics?

1. a while- they wont form roots until they have multiple leaves
2. you can put them in a soupy mix of peat, etc. until they root and then gradually ease the water level down. OR you can just leave them in the H20 until you see roots.
3. these are 1 of the easiest plants to take leaf cuttings from---no need for rooting hormone. i've heard it actually slows down leaf cuttings from growing roots...

okay thanks!

Back