What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. multifida 'extrema' help

DrWurm

Californian in DC
So, when I recieved this plant a while back, it had nicely sized dew leaves. I put it outside in full sun, but it quickly blackened and I had to let it regrow from roots. So I brought it back in under grow lights.

However, the leaves are looking really spindly, and the dewy sections are small and pathetic. Are things just not bright enough? How do others around here grow this thing?

I'd put it outside again. This species does poorly under florescents for me. Make sure you put in a shady spot outside, w/ lots of moisture and water for its tray.

Alright, do you find it tends to go dormant out there?

This plant is less tolerant to the cold that straight up D. binata. I would pick one, sunny spot, that doesn't get below 50 F, and allow it to acclimate.

Hmmm, that is interesting. I have been growing all of my binatas under 6 T12s and I have had nothing but strong results. This includes marston dragon, ssp. multifida and multifida extrema. Oh well, you know the rule. What works for me may not necessarily work for you.

Back