What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. prolifera - what's the highest temp you have it growing in?

Cindy

Staff member
I can keep it in lower light levels but temperatures would always be between 77F-90F year round. Anyone who has it growing well for you throughout summer, please share your experiences.

What is your media?

Do you have it in a terrarium? Or is it in a greenhouse?

How much light does it get?

TIA! :)

Last edited:
Mine are doing very well at room temp (21 C), at the sliding windows, southern exposure, with a Grolite near them. I wish I had update pictures, but they did flower for me and produced plantlets.

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

Picture154.jpg

Picture188.jpg

Bottom line: Mine are being kept cooler and drier than yours. Not sure if that means anything or not, though.

Jimscott, your summer is 21C? :0o:

I do read that they are quite tolerant of lower humidity.

cool conditions + low humidity = happy plants

How about...

hot conditions + high humidity = ?

No... average daily high at the peak is 27 C - outside. Mine are in the apartment. Average daily high in the apartment is 21 C! I can't take the heat and humidity! But ya don't hear me complain about the snow!

I didn't have any problem with them this summer and the temps are 30-35C and i keep them in lower humidity 20-40%

Jimscott, your summer is 21C? :0o:

I do read that they are quite tolerant of lower humidity.

cool conditions + low humidity = happy plants
I wish this was my experience. I have yet to be able to make them happy in a lower humidity environment ... ???

Mine do great and flowered in 70 to 80F+/ 60-90% humidity a foot and a half below PCFs and/or T5 high outputs.

Back