What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera ericgreenii - a new species

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
Barry Rice posted this on the ICPS forum:

Andreas Fleischmann, Robert Gibson, and Fernando Rivadavia, 2008. Drosera ericgreenii, a new species from the fynbos of South Africa. Bothalia 38: 141-144.

These three stars of Drosera have joined forces to name a lovely new sundew from a very restricted area in South Africa. It is rather like a somewhat smaller version of Drosera hilaris. Its scape is curved at the base, instead of emerging more or less erect as in D. hilaris.

See the original thread for more detailed description and photos:

http://icps.proboards105.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=literature&thread=2352&page=1

Wow, it looks great! Fancy name, too!

Nooooooo! It's like my collection just got smaller!
J/K - Cool news, thanks for sharing!
~Joe

I was expecting something bland, but that plant is actually pretty nice. Can't wait until it gets into cultivation.

It's like when they added new pokemon! :p

Beautiful plant!
Very cool!

Nice looking plant and it doesn't look indistinguishable from any of the other sundews. In other words, it doesn't look like another D. spatulata!

Wow, that's a beauty!
how long does it normally take for a dew to be circulating in collections after a discovery like this?

Back