What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aussie Sundews

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
DSCF1715.jpg

DSCF1723.jpg

DSCF1722.jpg

DSCF1721.jpg

DSCF1720.jpg

DSCF1763.jpg

DSCF1727.jpg

DSCF1802.jpg

DSCF1810.jpg
???

Hey, Jimscott, how wet do you grow your sundews? They look pretty wet in there.

Very nice. "Aussie" dews are by far my favorite grouping. I love looking at well cultivated ones. Thanks for sharing. Is that a D. burmanii in the bottom left of the top picture? I think that's what the tag says, but can't tell for sure.

xvart.

Very nice. "Aussie" dews are by far my favorite grouping. I love looking at well cultivated ones. Thanks for sharing. Is that a D. burmanii in the bottom left of the top picture? I think that's what the tag says, but can't tell for sure.

xvart.

Definately looks like it.

Nice pics Jim!

i wish i could grow aussies that well. they always die for some reason and it isnt the temps becuse it is like 75 at night and 85-90 during the day

I love you kenny! How hot is it in there? Thanx:)

That was supposed to be "I love YOUR kenny!" :)

Wow Jim, those are beautiful! I love their color!

That was supposed to be "I love YOUR kenny!" :)

LMAO! I was gonna ask who Kenny is and why do you love him??
:-D :p

Thanks for the compliments. The temp is around 95 F. The water level varies from bottom of pots to a couple inches. There are also lowland Neps in the setup. The D. falconeri doesn't like it when it gets drier and supposedly the B. liniflora don't like it too wet. The appearance of wet is also do to the macros setting, bouncing off LFS. Not pictured is a struggling D. paradoxa, a baby D. hartmeyerorum, a baby D. aliciae, sprouted D. spatulata, and a few other things. The last picture is where I put the D. ordensis seeds. I have no D. ordensis but the dried LFS really responded!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you jimscott! They all are looking great! :)

Updated picture of some of them:

Picture022.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture012.jpg

These are recovering:

Picture010.jpg

Picture008.jpg

I had a small D. aliciae with my D. falconeri and it did not like it all. I could be wrong but I think they like cooler temps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely. very nice plants there.

Nice plants!!! On a slightly different note, what is you technique for keeping the growing space at 95 degrees? I have been unsuccessful achieving anything between 75 and 110, the lower being ambient fluorescent, the other being incandescent. Suggestions appreciated.

Actually, the water temp is mid-90's while the air temp is probably a good 10 degrees lower. Circulation of water and air would help (air pump and computer fan).

Very schweet Jim, but Miss Alice needs to get to South Africa which is her home ;-)

Nice! but, I don't see any adelae ;)

Very schweet Jim, but Miss Alice needs to get to South Africa which is her home ;-)

LOL! Maybe I can do like Bugs Bunny and get that penguin back to Antarctica. "Hoboken! Ooh, I'm dyin'!"

I believe they really hate chilled feet. Keep their toeses warm and you have it! Really nice plants Jim, you get a gold star !

Back