What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cindy

Staff member
November is the end of spring and many species are going dormant or have already gone dormant. Just sharing pics of the ones that are still looking good at the moment. Hope everyone will enjoy them. :)

p.s. I forgot to add...pardon my lack of photography skills. I just hope that the photos give everyone an idea on how to grow these plants better.

D. paleacea habitat
drosera_paleacea_site.jpg

D. paleacea in pure, white sand, in the open.
Drosera_paleacea_media1.jpg

Drosera_paleacea_plant.jpg

D. paleacea in peat/sand mix, with some shade.
Drosera_paleacea_media2.jpg

D. roseana
Drosera_roseana_media.jpg

Drosera_roseana_plant.jpg

Drosera_roseana_plants.jpg

D. puchella
Drosera_puchella_media1.jpg

Drosera_puchella_media2.jpg

Drosera_puchella_media3.jpg

D. occidentalis ssp australis, media
Drosera_occidentalis_ssp_austral-1.jpg

Drosera_occidentalis_ssp_australis.jpg

Drosera_occidentalis_ssp_australis_.jpg

Last edited:
Drosera nitidula
Drosera_nitidula_media1.jpg

Drosera_nitidula_media2.jpg

Drosera_nitidula_plant.jpg

Drosera lasiantha
Drosera_lasiantha_media.jpg

Drosera_lasiantha_plant.jpg

Drosera_lasiantha_tower.jpg

Drosera gibsonii
Drosera_gibsonii_media.jpg

Drosera_gibsonii_towers.jpg

Drosera_gibsonii_flower.jpg

Drosera barbigera
Drosera_barbigera_media.jpg

Drosera_barbigera_clump.jpg

Drosera_barbigera_plant.jpg

None grow naturally in Perlite?
bigsmile.gif

Yep, none...thus I can't grow them. :-))

Absolutely amazing! Love the puchella growing on the roots. Thanls for sharing :)

wow....that is an amazing collection of pictures.
The D. nitidula forest is crazy!

First of all, great pictures everybody. I love seeing wild pictures of CPs.

The D. nitidula forest is crazy!

Imagine being an insect trying to pass through there. It reminds me of something out of "Saw."

The Drosera gibsonii are the funniest things! They look like a forest fire hit the lower portion and yet they lived.

In order to get the shots of the D. gibsonii, I had to lie on my stomach. It didn't help that I have low blood pressure so everytime I got up, the whole place spun round and round. LOL

With the gravel-like media, my knees hurt so much from kneeling that I had to use a towel in the end.

What lack of photography skills?! Your pics and the content are among the best i ever seen!

In order to get the shots of the D. gibsonii, I had to lie on my stomach. It didn't help that I have low blood pressure so everytime I got up, the whole place spun round and round. LOL

With the gravel-like media, my knees hurt so much from kneeling that I had to use a towel in the end.

That's dedication! You'll be fine when the persecution takes place!

awww man, I expected to see pygmy sundews in Washington state. ;) heh...........

Oh really, that wasn't Washington state? Where is WA then?

WA = Western Australia

Great pictures Cindy, It looks like you had a great trip!

Just wanted to say thank you for my first in depth exposure to Drosera gibsonii. It pleases me to no end that Phill Mann described and piblished this fine new addition to the list of Drosera species and named after friend Dr. Robert Gibson....a new Drosera species for a new PhD is very appropriate. Congratulations to both! Thanks Cindy!

Back