What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

d. anglica ?self-polinating?

just have a d. anglica the has a flower scape with 6 nice 3/4 inch flowers, i have manually polinated the first three, i am just wondering if this is necessary, or are they like capensis (?self-polinating?). I`m still new to all this so a little nudge in the right direction would be helpful.
Thanks ahead of time
Steven

As far as I know, they are self pollinating.
Let us know how it turns out... there are a number of people on this forum who are dying to get some anglica (I'm one of them :) )

Drosera anglica is self-pollinating/fertile. Hand pollination will insure a better seed set. D. anglica seeds take a long time to ripen so leave them until the seed capsules turn black.

As far as I know, they are self pollinating.
Let us know how it turns out... there are a number of people on this forum who are dying to get some anglica (I'm one of them :) )

Yeah... what he said!

Lol Jim, I was implying you when I wrote that :)

Really.... LOL! You wouldn't know it but two years ago I was giving seedlings away...

I do :)
You were gonna give me some, but never happened lol I think they all died or something.

Yeah, they died out in 2006. Funny how that which is a stronghold one year can be a wasteland the next. That applies to a lot of things, doesn't it!

Back