What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New D. kennealyii hybrid!

I'm pleased to announce the successful crossing of my Drosera kennealyii X Drosera lanata "wooly" :)

The one supposed photo of such a cross in Bob Z's CP photobase doesn't quite show enough traits of both proposed parents, so it's authenticity is quite questionable, in my opinion. You will in no doubt, see a big difference as compared to mine. Please enjoy the following photos! :) I welcome your comments...

Drosera kennealyii X Drosera lanata = (D. "Wooly Booly")
is.php

The large "fuzzier" form shall be applied for cultivar status as Drosera "Wooly Booly"
is.php

Note the diversity amongst seedling forms, however all plants clearly show traits of both parents involved, especially the wide red leaf blade of D. kennealyii and extreme "fuzzyness" of my Drosera lanata "wooly" form.
is.php

And....here's two shots of the actual parent plants prior to flowering;
is.php

is.php

Thanks for looking and Happy Growing,
Brian

Kewl! Now ya got me thinking... I've got a lanata that is sending up a scape and kenealleyi that aren't doing a thing at the moment.

So how does it work with the names? Is the first name listed in a cross the male or the female contributor? And if I do the opposite, could I call that one 'Sam The Sham'?

Brian,
You're doing a great job growing some very health petios - congrats! While I'm normally not a big fan of hybrids - that cross is pretty cool.

So how does it work with the names? Is the first name listed in a cross the male or the female contributor?
Jim,
The seed producer (female) is always the 1st listed in the cross iirc...

Very nicely done! Congratulations!

What a pretty hybrid. I myself have some D. kennealyii x lanata (typical form) seed that i need to germinate soon.

Nice hybrid, it has the best of both parents.

cool!

Awesome plant! (the name isn't half bad either ;) )

Neat looking dew. And a nice name for it, too. :)

WOW! That is darm cool, Brian!

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Now, i'm going to work on propagation....
Kitchen TC, here I come!

Happy Growing and Holidays to all,
Brian.

Brian,
You're doing a great job growing some very health petios - congrats! While I'm normally not a big fan of hybrids - that cross is pretty cool.

Jim,
The seed producer (female) is always the 1st listed in the cross iirc...

The female is always first... :rolleyes:

Ahhh...
Jim, you are learning well... heheheh!
Happy Growing,
Brian.

That is too cool‼‼ :bigthumpup: :bigthumpup:

Very pretty. Great photos!

Now the question is: How easy or difficult will it be to grow and replicate??

Impressive. it really is a neat looking cross.

Hello Friends,

Here's some photos of my D. kennealyi x lanata hybrids entering dormancy. You'll notice that there are two distinct forms of this wonderful hybrid and the traits of both parents involved are very clearly visable.

763146832_HJY98-XL.jpg

763146853_RHMhC-XL.jpg

763146857_rhr9d-XL.jpg

763146885_M3QAW-XL.jpg

Happy Growing,

Brian.

awsome! Very cool hybrid! I want one!! :-D very cool, love it. great job. :-O

Back