What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A different kind of pic thread

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
So I'll jump on the band wagon a little but make my pic thread semi-educational too :p

Tuberous seedling shots:

PC200004.jpg

PC200005.jpg

PC200006.jpg

PC200007.jpg

PC200009.jpg

And D. cistiflora seedlings

PC200008.jpg

I love growing from seed but my eyes hate me for it LOL

I can a pic of D. peltata & auriculata, before I killed them:

IMG_0014-1.jpg

Jeeze you guys must have eagle eyes - there's no way I'd be able to spot those with my eyes!

That's what magnifying glasses are for ;)

Cool, but next time make sure you aren't crushing any with that giant quarter! o_O man are they tiny!

Nice plants, Travis.

Voodoolizard - what species is that? Pretty cool. It's tuberous right?

I have some! I'll take pics later. Chow!

So tiny!!

Watch for molds and the accursed fungus gnat larva.

<MUNCH, MUNCH, MUNCH>

Good job!!!! Howsabout some adult photo's?

Well, I do not have adults of any of those specifics (except the cisti) but I'll run a tuberous thread here in a bit once I get the camera out on them :)

Watch for molds and the accursed fungus gnat larva.

Never had a issue with either of those thankfully.

You mean like topless tuber pictures?

xvart.

How about plant sex? The birds and the bees and such.

01300024copy.jpg

Drosera macrophylla ssp macrophylla "Wongan Hills, WA" flower

Last edited:
Well, it isn't a tuberous Drosera but it is something unique. Drosera meristocaulis, the second generation.

Without fanfare last year Ivan Snyder was able to successfully cross pollinate two plants from the original batch of seeds distributed by Fernando Rivadavia several years ago. This species does not appear to self-pollinate or be self-fertile. It is extremely difficult to cultivate. Don't expect any more seed anytime soon. Ivan no longer has the parent plants (given away).

Most recent seedling. Silver objects are common straight pins. Gives you an idea of the size:
D_m290004.jpg

D_m290019.jpg

Other seedlings:
D_m290005.jpg

D_m290007.jpg

D_m290008.jpg

I don't have any really rare plants, but here is my contribution. I got these tubers from you a few months ago, Pyro. So far, these are the only two tubers that have popped up (no d. gigantea yet :()

d. peltata var foliosa

d. peltata var gracilis

My first peltata to start "climbing." I got these as seeds in a trade a while back.

Back