What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Struggling Drosera falconeri

My setup has Saran wrap draped over the fluorescent light. I made slits on either side of the front and flip the front up during the day so that that the fishtank / terrarium isn't closed off. When I turn out the light and turn off the heater for the night I let the wrap fall loosely over the front, kind of like humidity increasing until morning light.

This is sort of off topic,but did anyone notice that the non-carnivorus part of the D.falconeri leaf
is very simular to the VFT's one?

Brokken, thanks for providing the link. Funny... same people, different forum. This stood out to me, as I struggle to get my recently acquired plant adjusted

No problem. :) Actually I've added some more pictures to the post: what my falconeri looks like during the winter. You'll notice that the plant dies back almost completely and this appears to be normal for it. Within weeks of 'dying off' you can already see rapid growth from the points.

Very happy to see the improvement, this plant will soon be thriving! Be sure to provide good nutrition, and suggest blood worm meal available at tropical fish concerns, followed by a very fine misting about weekly.

Back