What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. ordensis Seedlings - Thanks Homer!

Here are a few of the D. ordensis that sprouted for me from the seed Homer sent out not too long ago.

IMG_0314.jpg

I've also put a few straight from the LL terrarium to the windowsill...We'll see how that goes.

I know I'm not the only one with these - I traded plenty of them away. Post 'em here if you can!

Sadly none of my seeds took. This is the only seeds that did not germinate for me. Not sure why. Maybe I can give it a try again next time.

None of mine took either :(. Yours look great though, congrats!

Sadly none of my seeds took.
Heat & humidity for these guys. Also - it can take a while. Especially when you know the seeds are good - don't give up.

Yours look great! I only have one seedling that sprouted and it's still extremely tiny.

....and this is what Jimmy sent me, since my own attempt yielded a total of one germination:

Picture129-1.jpg

Picture043-1.jpg

Picture058-1.jpg

Thanks, jimmy!

Good work! Thanks for letting me know you had some good results. :)

What sort of sundews are these? Pygmy? Temperate? South African?

Petiolaris Complex.

Excellent work! Congratulations and have a see-gar! It's very fine to see such good skills, thanks so much for sharing a happy success

Very good advice regarding this seed, patience is important. Knowing the seed is good is half the battle. Also note that seed can tend to germinate at different intervals, and subsequent germination in the same batch is possible. Please update this topic as time allows, I would love to see how these babies grow.

They do look a lot like the pygmy species don't they! The reverse holds true as well, I once grew a half dollar sized D. ericksoniae x pulchella that you'd a sworn was a petiolaris.

How long until they turn white?

Back