What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my D. spatulata!

here it is :-

please comment =)
100_6575.jpg

100_6141.jpg

100_6144.jpg

100_6154.jpg

Holy gooeyness, batman! Those are beautiful!

Nice!

VERY dewy! Good growing!

They look real good!

Dang, that's dewy! I would keep any small dogs or any other small animal away. ;)

Drosera spatulata are all so beautiful and tough too! Have these flowered, and if so what color were the flowers?

one of the spatulatas have flowered but it was when the previous owner had it.
however, my binata is going to flower soon!

100_6742.jpg

and ive since repotted some of the spatulatas.. original container was way too cramped up.
100_6740.jpg

100_6743.jpg

Hi Malowie

Did you grow any sundews from seeds before??? I recently got some sphatulata seeds and sowed them on peat moss which is black so those powdery seeds just dissapeard after i sow them..So i guess neps seeds are kinda the biggest among all considering drosera seeds are probally only half the size of this full stop.

Ken

Yep, sundew seed is small stuff. I would suggest you go with a 50/50 mix of peat/silica sand, or even better pure milled sphagnum moss. If you run the peat through a sieve, even better. Sow the seed by rolling them off a creased paper and sit the pot in tray so it soaks up the water. Don't top water. Put the pot in a ziplock with a label and place in indirect light in evenly warm conditions. Check weekly with a magnifying glass. Soon you'll have more dews than room.

Back