What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A pic of my D. Hartmeyerorum

Delwin

Now crazy of my baby!!!
This is the first time i am posting pictures in here, hope you guys enjoy it.
DSC00322.jpg

This is a young 1" plant.

DSC00317.jpg

This is a 3" plant.

DSC00295.jpg

This is an adult 5" plant.

DSC00314.jpg

Flowering.

DSC00316.jpg

The flower.

They're gorgeous! What are its growing conditions? I can't keep mine alive after the first couple months. I lost the one on the left and I fear the other will die soon.

Picture137.jpg

They cannot withstand too wet surface.

WOW! Beautiful! :0o:

They resemble a Byblis, do they not?

Scott,
I think I've read somewhere that they must be fed / get nutrients when young or they will die.

They're gorgeous! What are its growing conditions? I can't keep mine alive after the first couple months. I lost the one on the left and I fear the other will die soon.

Picture137.jpg

I may have to add this to the long list of plants that I'm just not going to cultivate. At least there's a longer list of ones that I can cultivate... and that now includes Darlingtonia and Petiolaris Complex.

Very nice plant! What's the growing conditions of it? Does it grow year round or does it have a dormancy? How long do they live? What kind of light do they need, etc?

I would really like one of those.

Nice! I've never seen pics of flowers on this species.

Awesome! Here's my only one out of a couple of hundred seeds to pop up:

http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plants061ls7.jpg

I don't know why I didn't have a higher germination rate... they were in a bag that was about 95% humidity and 85-95 degrees fahrenheit.

trek, you plant is hungry, and my humidity is not that high.

WOW! Beautiful! :0o:

They resemble a Byblis, do they not?

thank you. they do more like indica.

Scott,
I think I've read somewhere that they must be fed / get nutrients when young or they will die.
They are always hungry.

I may have to add this to the long list of plants that I'm just not going to cultivate. At least there's a longer list of ones that I can cultivate... and that now includes Darlingtonia and Petiolaris Complex.
they are not difficult to grow.

Very nice plant! What's the growing conditions of it? Does it grow year round or does it have a dormancy? How long do they live? What kind of light do they need, etc?

I would really like one of those.

I grow them indoor on plant rack, i am using T5HO tubes. Until now even it flowers, it is still growing strong. the small yellow ball on the leaves is even more beautiful. i dont know how long it live cos it is still living.

impressive. they are beautiful
thk you

Nice! I've never seen pics of flowers on this species.
pictures cant justified its beautiful, infact, the flower have many colour tone.

Just a note: I had subsequent germination from the same pot of this species several months apart. Might have been a fluke chance, but I would say don't discard the pot. As a close relative of D. indica, the seed is as stubborn as D. indica can be.

It's wonderful to see someone having success with these plants, which apparently hate upstate NY???. Evenly warm nights are probably needed. Thank you very much for sharing, and I hope you get much seed!

Just a note: I had subsequent germination from the same pot of this species several months apart. Might have been a fluke chance, but I would say don't discard the pot. As a close relative of D. indica, the seed is as stubborn as D. indica can be.

It's wonderful to see someone having success with these plants, which apparently hate upstate NY???. Evenly warm nights are probably needed. Thank you very much for sharing, and I hope you get much seed!
Thank you Mr Dawnstar. And yes, this plant is stubborn, and it needs constant tempreture.
I do have alot of seeds.:boogie:

Hello,

Nice plants indeed...I grow a few different forms of Drosera indica too. Being a summer annual in Australia, I tend to keep mine on the drier side, only watering when the media surface becomes barely damp to the touch. My mix is 3/4 sand to 1/4 peat (the same as I use for Pygmy Drosera) and they seem to love it.

Well Done! :bigthumpup:

Happy Growing,

Brian.

Hello,

Nice plants indeed...I grow a few different forms of Drosera indica too. Being a summer annual in Australia, I tend to keep mine on the drier side, only watering when the media surface becomes barely damp to the touch. My mix is 3/4 sand to 1/4 peat (the same as I use for Pygmy Drosera) and they seem to love it.

Well Done! :bigthumpup:

Happy Growing,

Brian.

Thks Brian,
Yes you guess correctly of my plant media and the watering condition, but you still lack of the humidity 40-60%.
Regards,
Delwin.

Back