What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which is easier for this plant (want to mass produce it)seed, leaf, or root cuttings?:help: Does it create underground shoots easily/ at all? I keep snipping the flower stalks off. I won't (obviously) if seed turns out to be the easiest form of propagation.
I only have one plant, and have very little experience with it (five months), however, it appears to do very well, considering its crimson hue.
I only have experience mass producing d. capensis (all forms), d. scorpioides (three surviving plants) and d. occidentalis x pulchella. Both pygmies were from gemmae production.
Thanks in advance!

This plant is seriously a weed. Almost as bad as D. capensis. Seed is very fast, leaf cuttings take as easily, and root cuttings work well, too.
I'd let them flower. They're a nice purple color. Once you get them going and have extra seeds, be sure to spread them around!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can attest to the weed trait of this plant! I have to trade 10 of em every few weeks because they are everywhere!!! (Squelch).... last transmission... next weeks paper reads! Drosera nidiformis a Killer! S_Oregon man was found eaten by several hundred small CP found to have grown on his perspirated shirt... sad story

It is a weed indeed :) At least from my observation....recently I put some root cuttings on the peat and in 2 weeks I had 2 new plants on each of them. Now I am growing a D. nidiformis forest:) Still.... a very beautiful plant.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back