What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

all these I grow under artificial lights year around (with one hour of morning sun):\

D. burmanii
DSCF0004-6.jpg

D. paradoxa
DSCF00042.jpg

D.affinis
DSCF0018.jpg

D.sessifolia seedling (1month old)
DSCF0007-5.jpg

D.dielsiana
DSCF0009-3.jpg

D.graomogolensis (I have such a problem- every leaf catches insect and then it dont look good with all the leaves used up....I understand she is hungry after long winter but this is gluttony!;-))
DSCF0016-2.jpg

....and H. minor I transplanted from the mother plant recently:
DSCF00092.jpg

Love the paradoxa!

nice D. burmanii ‼ :)

Very nice ;-) I read D. burmannii dies after flower. Anyone can confirm/deny this ?

nice variety. your petios always look great. glad you finally found good growing conditions for the Grao. If it keeps eating, it should reach adult size very quickly!

Petr- as long as you feed and top water it so minerals don't build up, D. burmannii can live just as long as any dew according to Tamlin. So far mine has produced 10 large flower stalks, is a year old, and keeps getting bigger.

I've grown Drosera burmannii that lasted a few seasons. They get to looking a bit ragged after flowering and seed set, but with a rest in slightly less wet conditions and subsequent good nutrition they hang in there although some do die off so it's a good idea to take cuttings when it's in its prime.

Agreed about D. burmanii. I've had mine for about a year now and it has exceeded my D. spatulata in size. It's a really cool little sundew.

I could have sworn that burmanii was only propagated thru seed and not cuttings...

Yes I have the same experience as Tamlin (and others)...in mid-flowering the plant itself starts to fade away a bit and it gets worse until the seeds are ripe. Then I cut off the stalk, give it some food and the plant quickly returns to normal growth speed and increases in size. Personally, I havent been able to keep burmanii alive for more than 4 years.
Thanx for nice comments btw:)

Nice, they're very well grown. :) I wish I still had my burmanii. :/

I could have sworn that burmanii was only propagated thru seed and not cuttings...

I was thinking the same.

So burmanii is about to finish flowering. And is dying....so I dont think i will be able to keep her for the 5th year of life. She must be exhausted puting up 12 flowers. That means plenty of seeds:)
Here few more pics:
D. rotundifolia (grown outside catching everything from the air)
DSCF0001-8.jpg

D. dielsiana pot
DSCF0004-7.jpg

D.slackii (one in the middle came back from the roots after a year of playing dead)
DSCF0018-1.jpg

D. burkeana
DSCF0011-2.jpg

Hey my D. aberrans will flower in 3 or 4 weeks (looking for some pollen)
DSCF0001-9.jpg

DSCF0007-6.jpg

Ivan Snyder from the LACPS has a burmannii that's growing a nice trunk of dead leaves. I forget how old he said it was.

Back