What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bigger pygmies?

hello everyone, I was just wondering what some of the "bigger" pygmy sundews are. Ones that get to around 2 cm.
Thanks,
Devon Blomquist

Scorpioides, enodes, and lasiantha are some of the taller/larger varieties. Roseana is also somewhat sizable for a pygmy. I'm sure mark.ca or one of the other pygmy addicts can complete the list more thoroughly.

wow! thanks! I really like the lasiantha!

D. lasiantha is one of the more challenging pugmy sundews... so I've been learning.

aaawwww! Why are all of the coolest sundews harder to care for!

D. scorpioides is cool and pretty easy.

Devon, most rosetted pygmy species will grow over that size in a few years. If you want size in the first year of their life then you might want to go with these: barbigera subsp. barbigera, barbigera subsp. silvicola, dichrosepala subsp. dichrosepala, dichrosepala subsp. enodes, lasiantha, scorpioides, stelliflora

Largest I ever grew was the rosetted Drosera pulchella x D. ericksoniae hefting out at between quarter and half dollar sized and looking almost like some kind of petiolaris.

Thanks guys!

This D. omissa x pulchella is the biggest rosetted pygmy I've ever seen, being 1 inch in diameter:

Picture028-1.jpg

Picture030-4.jpg

Back