What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crossing queensland dews?

hey i was wondering if you could cross D. adelae and prolifera?

I think adelae is infertile and spreads asexually in the wild.

Adelae is infertile when crossed with the same clone of a plant. If you have a Mother plant + Leaf Cutting Plant Pollen = Infertile. Mother Plant + Completely different clone of Adelae = seed.

Oh, then I better start looking for adelae clone other then my red flowered one.

Good question. I wonder what that would look like?

I'd guess it'd be some generic-looking rosette with spoon-shaped leaves. Maybe something like D. admirabilis? It would surprise me if it hadn't already been tried; it seems to me like this group has seen a lot of attention.
~Joe

Yea, I'm guessing the chromosome numbers are different in those guys, or it might be the seedlings that are produced are very weak. Otherwise, I suspect you'd see more info about crosses...

If you've got some different Queensland dews flowering at the same time, might as well try it though!

Clones and Cross breeds OMG I am scared!

Back