What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some of my pygmies

D. sewelliae
dsewelliae-1.jpg

D. manii
dmanii.jpg

D. pulchella
dpulchella-1.jpg

D. nitidula ssp. allantostigma
dnitidulasspallantostigma-1.jpg

D. palacea ssp. palacea
dpalaceassppalacea-1.jpg

D. callistos
dcallistos-1.jpg

Impressive and healthy-looking. Thanks for sharing.

I love the flowers on D. palacea ssp. palacea

Nice! I just got my first small ones, 2 d. Scorpiodes! Man they're tiny!

Thanx guys:) Tommy if you think scorpioides is tiny wait till you see d. microscapa :) That is a real dwarf:)
Some of my pygmies are significantly bigger (i mean in diameter) than regular adult drosera.....so I dont really think "pygmy" is appropriate name. But I am not a taxonomist so....

Yeah, my puchella x omissa is larger than a flowering spatulata right next to it. Also, why do gemmae from the same plant give different size plants when sown in the same media but in different pots?

Could be you media, pot size, how fast they germinate or just different conditions (more light, more heat....)

Nah, it couldn't be, they all grow together in 4 inch pots with peat and perlite.

I dunno. The corner and edges of a pot may be direr or wetter in some cases. These are all clones, so the differences have to be growing conditions or whatnot. Perhaps the gemmae are of different sizes or health?

Great dews as always! :D

Mr. Truncata: well to me it happens too- some gemmae produce bigger and faster growing plants and some smaller and more troublesome. I collect the gemmae manually so my guess is that the reason for this is different stage of gemmae maturity when collected. Some might not be ripe enough to produce full-speed growing healthy plant. BTW my nitidula ssp. omissa x pulchella is huge also. Most of my pygmies are bigger than for example adult burmanii or burkeana or whittakerii. They really like it on south windowsill with >35C and lots of light. Thanx for nice comments btw:)

Back