What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help now! Does my filiformis have fungus

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
I just ordered a filiformis ssp filiformis, and at the crown, it is white and fuzzzy. is this fungus? Please respond ASAP, i am about to plant it and need to know if i should spray it/

Depends, it can be the fuzziness of the plant which is natural or it can be fungus. Only a picture will tell

I agree, a picture will tell if it's natural or a fungus

Pic 1:
29wo4qr.jpg

Pic 2:
688vhk.jpg

Also, notice the flower. Please respond like now

Perfectly natural. It looks fine. Mine looked just like that.

the pics are real fuzzy, so it would help if you didn't shake the camera. please take a better shot so you can get more accurate help

Cant really tell even with those pictures. But you're plant doesnt seem to be in any immediate danger looking at how green the leaves are. If you're still in fear of fungus just pot the plant and keep an eye on it. Fungus will spread, the fuzziness will not. Pot it outside if you can as the sun's UV will kill the fungus **IF** it is fungus.

actually, its my webcam, but look in the middle. Also, iambob told me its natural

That is normal awgaupp. The growth point always have an almost cotton like fuzz. You're good to go.

Phil

Yup. Looks normal.

A better photo would help though.......

If you can take some of the fuzziness off with a toothpick or cotton swab, etc. Its mold. If its just there its the crown/rhizome of the plant.

Back