What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving Dichotoma leaves!?!?!?!?

I have several root cuttings of Drosera Dichotoma "Giant" that've been growing well for the past few months, and they're now outside. :-D Recently, I fed 2 of them a very secret plant food/liquid that is found in every one of us, and quite a few other organisms on the planet.( I found out last year it is very effective for feeding many Cps, AND makes for some AWESOME pics dripping out of a VFT! :puke2: ) I spread the liquid the whole length of the leaf 3 days ago. 2 days ago I noticed that the Dichotoma leaves were starting to curl around the food! I checked to see if the soil was dry, and it was sopping wet. The leaves are firm, and when I try to straighten the leaves out, they spring back into the curled positions when I let go. The leaves just recently got to their full size, so they aren't dying off or anything. I thought only the tentacles moved on forked 'dews?? Has anyone else seen this happen???
I thought this was REALLY wierd! By the way, I didn't harm anyone/thing except ticks off the dogs to get the plant food!

Happy growing!
Aslan

Perhaps the leave was already adjusted to that for and just went back, like if you ben a ruler ans stuff, and ummm ok, well.. why... would.. you..

O lord! i hope you haven't got another "out of control" hangnail again!

well, i think if they have a food overload it doesn't seem unlikely that the whole leaf would curl up a bit. I haven't fed my plant too much food yet, though, so i can't confirm that.

No, I mean the whole leaf is doubled up on itself, like folded in half. Almost like a D. Capensis that's halfway done 'curling' if you know what I mean. This isn't just curling to 90 degrees. There's 2 forks on it, and they cross over each other right where the untentacley(Is that a word!?) part where the leaf forks and gets dewy. Looks like a pretzel, almost. (I won't try eating it!) I have 3 current leaves on the plant I fed, and 2 of them are back to normal, while one of them must have had more food, since it just keps curling a little more each day... maybe I got a new cultivar to add to the pile! Or not. D. Capensis is definitely more dramatic, but I thought this was sooooo cool! I'll try this a couple more times, and see the results! Thanks for the input CPlantaholic! You were talking to Carnivoure12 for the 1st half of that, right? I'm not sure what you're trying to say, Carnivoure12???

Good growing!
Aslan

Back