What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing these in the high desert

D. dichotoma, D. multifida extrema , D. x Marston Dragon, and a d capensis. will any of these be hard to grow outside in a high desert climate in southern california?

They will be fine, as long as you do the tray system and have water at most/all times.

Halt is right; I have some of these plants doing just fine in trays and in a minibog. Like Halt said, just don't let the water evaporate away completely.

where would be the best place to buy some mini bogs? i already have 2 that i got from my mom.. i was lucky because i guess there expensive.. but if i run out of room where is a good place to buy them at?

Mini-bogs are just big pots used to hold water and "drown" the plants just like a real bog would. They are inexpensive and are usually large pots for like 7 bucks at Lowes.

Yeah, my minibog is a 20-inch bowl planter with no drainage holes, lol. That's all, just fill it with 50/50 peat/perlite and top it off with some long-fiber sphagnum.

but what about these plants root uptake? is it alot? how far apart should they be planted if in the same planter? or should i just use individuals?

Back