What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When will it bloom?

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
I got a capensis 2 years ago, it flowered once and never did again. Should it be flowering soon?

i hope so, mine is in flower again after 3 months

Drosera capensis flowers in my greenhouse all year long (natural sun only).. you have pics of your plant?
It's most likely that it isn't getting enough light, or it needs more food, but those are just guesses.

Just like Aaron, all my varieties of capensis try to send up a flower stalk roughly about every 2 months.

I've got one blooming now:

Picture022-2.jpg

Picture031-2.jpg

Picture027.jpg

My capensis sends up a flower every time one of it's current flower stalks is kinda drying up. I imagine yours will too, eventually.

However, it really only started doing a lot of flowers once it started getting enough light, back in the old windowsill I'd see a flower stalk about once a month. Now that I have him under the lights I see them constantly -- if the plant isn't sending up a stalk then one's already blooming.

I guess what I'm saying is, how's your light? Are the tentacles on your plant nice and red? I also started feeding mine powdered dried bloodworms (a form of fish food made of bug larvae) -- maybe that's part of it.

The tentacles are very red. They have enough light, as my nepenthes grow a lot there, even though i take them outside. Also, i feed it not so much, but now i think i will. I feed it dried flies. I will feed it soon enough. My moranensis made a lot of plantlents on the same windowsill.

Back