What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with my D.capensis

Hey everyone im just bazzled to wonder why my D.capensis starts go gain more colour i.e more redish colour how its suppose to be when i starv it of water

also can you please tell me if my plant would be better in a propagator as its not getting my heat or light at the moment any ideas ?

for both of these

Richard

You are starving it of water? Why?

They usually get very red with the right amount of light, if yours are still somewhat greenish, give them more light.

no i was not starving them but once i was out and they did starv and become more redish it was only once any way

any tips also on the propagator idea ? it will keep the heat in and i think it will help them what do you think ?

Richard

no i was not starving them but once i was out and they did starv and become more redish it was only once any way

any tips also on the propagator idea ? it will keep the heat in and i think it will help them what do you think ?

Richard

No, they will be just fine in normal house temperatures and humidity. D. capensis is very tolerant of a wide range of conditions.

nice thanks dude do you think that my D.binata and D.anglica be on in house temps too ?

Richard

nice thanks dude do you think that my D.binata and D.anglica be on in house temps too ?

Richard

No problem!

D. binata should adapt just fine as well.
With anglica it depends on which type you have. I believe the Hawaii type can be kept indoors, without dormancy, and should adapt to your house just fine. The temperate types need dormancy and should be kept outside.
Look here for more in depth info.

hi yellow yes it is hawaii bog and thanks for your info i havent grown these before so not sure how long they take to sprout about :p

Richard

They will do well at a sunny window sill, all year long.

Back