What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is This New Growth or a Whole New Plant?

I accidentally put my adelae outside in the sun and cooked it. Well, I put it outside on purpose, but because I didn't know any better.

I have since put it in shade, and then in a window inside, and it seems to either have new growth, or a whole new plant??? Actually, two, since there are similar things on opposite sides of the plant.

Let me know what you think it is. I trimmed off a lot of the cooked leaves.

IMG_3326.JPG

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3328.JPG

IMG_3335.JPG

IMG_3327.JPG

Sorry some are out of focus. I can try harder to get in-focus pictures if needed.

Its a new root plant coming... the roots make new plants, and they form around the main plant

Drosera adelae's main form of reproduction is by those little root runners. In time, they will take up the whole pot. If you repot it into something larger, They'll eventually take up that pot as well. That's how stuff like this happens: http://www.botanik.uni-karlsruhe.de/garten/fotos-hassler/Drosera adelae BotKA G1.jpg

Jason

That's freakin' awesome!

So I should let these bad boys grow a little, then repot it into something bigger, and maybe get rid of the practically dead mother plant? Or if I get rid of all the fried leaves on the mama, will new ones grow in? Oh man, this is better than I'd hoped! I need to get a big honkin' pot. Hmmmm! Maybe just 8" or so.

Leave them be and remove dead plant material.

Haha, that's only the beginning. Prepare to be overrun by adelae. >D

Back