What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A new form of Byblis....

Hello Friends,

Well, after some extensive selective cross-breeding amongst my Byblis 'Goliath' clones, I've finally reached success! I'm pleased to announce the first documented miniature form of Byblis 'Goliath' aka "BG-C12 X BG short clone C" ;

By crossing this short clone variant with "short clone H", I've finally gotten the traits to remain consistant in all resulting seedlings. Photos of the new breed of Byblis "pygmy" seedlings are to follow soon. The seedlings are beginning to max out at one inch tall and will be flowering soon! Now, if these small clones are indeed self-compatable/pollinating like Byblis liniflora, then that will be interesting!

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

More exciting new discoveries to follow, so stay tuned!

Happy Growing,

Brian.

Wow! Congratulations on finding a new Byblis clone! How long did that take?

Hello Capensis...

I've been working with them for a few years now...

Happy Growing,

Brian.

Wow, that's dedication. You must feel very accomplished. *High fives*

That sounds very cool. I'd love to get my hands on a mini byblis. Did you experiment with different germination strategies? Do they appear to be as easy as B. liniflora? Will they become available any time soon? ;)

Can't wait for some photos of the little guys.

Jason

Cute, though I prefer the large goliath. Would look nice in a dense frosty clump!

Thanks guys,

Actually, I get the best germination results on all Byblis by soaking them for 24 hrs in gibberelic acid prior to sowing. This seems to speed up germination for B. liniflora as well and increase germination ratios...

My formula used is; 1 gram GA per liter of RO water.

Happy Growing,

Brian.

Nothing like looking at Byblis and Drosera on a sunny afternoon, while the sun shines on them!

Thatt looks awesome

Back