What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally success

i dont know why it couldnt get it to work before...
but this time i got it LOL
i pulled some D. intermedia leaves and left em in some peat/perlite in full sun for a few weeks, and did the same with some D. filiformis 'red' but i cut those up in the pieces...
i looked today, and finally sprouts lol.
so i took em up, potted them into more peat/perlite with a top dressing of live LFS and put them in my old terrarium which i am now using a propogation chamber/seed germination area. ill get pics later when i find some new batteries for the camera rofl.

Nice, It always feels good to get a strike lol.

Ya know, I always throw whole binata and filiformis leaves in water. But it makes things harder to separate into plants later on. Maybe chopping them up into 1 inch pieces would be better? I still don't trust myself after a bad experience with 10th grade Biology class and a Planarian we were supposed to cut into 3 pieces and all 3 of mine died.

Picture035-4.jpg

rofl
planarians....funny looking things
ive taken em in a biology class and split their heads till the regenerated 2 heads, then did it a couple more times...

Jimscott...
Do you need to have the spaghnum in the water container for cuttings?

no you don't, awgaupp. you can just put them in a cup floating or submerged in water. You can also use a bottle. The more light, the better. I generally start mine indoors since it's a bit cooler, but the easier ones like D. binata and D. filiformis can strike outdoors.

I wanted to have the leaves in a swampy environment, so that when the time comes when the water level drops enough, I can just take a clump out with the media and put into a pot, for easier transitioning.

Back